Learn about Wines in Tokyo

Thursday 2 April 2015

Make wine, not war: Kate Hudson talks about being in the wine business with ex Matt Bellamy


 

Did you know Kate Hudson is also in the wine business?

That’s right. She joins fellow celebs including Drew Barrymore, Fergie, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt who have side passion projects making wine.

Hudson is the co-owner of Hudson Bellamy Wines, along with her ex, Matt Bellamy. But even though the couple recently ended their years-long engagement, she tells Wine Enthusiast that it’s not awkward or anything:
We’re family for the rest of our lives, we have a beautiful baby and we love making wine. We’ll continue doing it.
The actress explains she’s always been into wine, and she and Bellamy were encouraged by her stepfather to make her own:
It’s just something we grew up with. My parents were always, well, wine enthusiasts, and they took us on wine trips. I went to Burgundy when I was 14 and Bordeaux when I was 16. Kurt Russell, my stepdad, started making wine a few years back up in the Santa Rita Hills, and he kept telling me and Matt (Bellamy) that we had to get up and blend with them and do a harvest. We ended slogging up there, and that was it. It was too much fun. It was something we enjoyed doing together, just a wonderful pastime and incredible creative experience.
So, what kind of wines do they produce?
We spend most of our summer in Europe with the kids, and rosé is pretty much what we drink. So we started with rosés, and that’s still my favorite. I love Sauvignon Blanc, and everyone told me not to attempt a California-style Sauvignon Blanc. I said, ‘Why not?’ So we made it. It’s quite drinkable and has this grassiness to it. It’s interesting, so we are going to try that one more time. And my dad’s Pinots are really beautiful, so we decided to do a single clone. I also love Cab. That’s my jam!
Well, if they’re half as good as Jolie and Pitt’s Chateau Miraval Rosé, sign us up for a taste test!

Source: www.usatoday.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment