Twenty wineries from across the world are offering wine lovers free tours and tastings to mark World Tourism Day next week.
Held on Sunday, 27 September, this year’s theme is “one billion tourists and one billion opportunities”, with wine food and travel site Winerist working to raise awareness of the day within the drinks trade.
Over 20 wineries from England and Moldova to Croatian and Greece will be taking part, offering free wine tours, wine tastings, food pairings and meet-the-winemaker sessions to their guests on on 27 September.
Organised by Winerist, anyone already nearby or travelling to the following regions will be able to take advantage of the events being hosted by each of the participating wineries by mentioning World Tourism Day and Winerist.
It is hoped the event will create opportunities for these wineries to diversify their activities into the wine tourism sector, and sell their story and product directly to consumers.
Wineries taking part are listed below. For information on what each winery has on offer click here. Get involved by using the hashtag #WTD2015 on Twitter.
- Familia Zuccardi – Argentina, Mendoza
- Kingston Family Vineyards – Chile, Casablanca
- Posada Campo Tinto – Uruguay, Carmelo
- Bodega Garzon – Uruguay, Punta del Este
- Dry Creek Family Vineyards – USA, Sonoma
- Bolney Wine Estate – England
- Clos Figueras – Spain – Priorat
- Bolfan – Croatia, Uplands region, near Zagreb
- Mas du Soleilla – France, Languedoc
- Champagne Beerens – France, Champagne
- La Raia – Italy- Piedmont
- Cascina Cucco – Italy- Piedmont
- Isolabella della Croce – Italy- Piedmont
- Fratelli Vogadori – Italy, Veneto
- Poggio al Casone – Italy, Tuscany
- Barone Ricasoli – Italy, Tuscany
- Casa Sola – Italy, Tuscany
- Cantina Todi – Italy, Umbria
- Chateau Vartely – Moldova
- Lacerta – Romania, Dealu Mare
- Ktima Voyatatzi – Greece, Velvento